How to use The Be Free™ Pod with the Be Free Lubricating Odor Eliminator liquid
- Step 1 - Insert the Be Free Pod into your new pouch before applying (see videos or PDF instructions).
- Step 2 - Apply the Be Free Lubricating Odor Eliminator liquid 2X a day - once in the morning and again at night before you go to bed and as needed.
- Step 3 - Leave the Be Free Pod in your pouch for as long as you wear your pouch.
No more bottles to carry around. No more messes. No more worrying about odors or using the restroom when visiting friends and family or when you are out in public. Live
How does it work?
The Be Free System's most unique feature is the Be Free Pod, which eliminates odors continuously for 24 hours a day when used with a liquid deodorant. The Be Free Pod has been impregnated with a highly concentrated version of our proprietary Be Free Lubricating Odor Eliminator liquid, making it an odor killer in its own right. However, it should be used in combination with our Be Free Liquid Deodorant for maximum, sustained odor elimination (or the liquid deodorant of your choice).
In addition to being impregnated with deodorant, the Be Free Pod constantly absorbs, retains, and disperses the liquid deodorant you put into your pouch. It also absorbs the liquid portion of the bad stuff (effluent, fecal matter, poop, or whatever you prefer to call it), then disperses it back into the pouch in deodorized form. This is made possible by the Be Free Pod's wicking properties and the movement of your body, both of which cause the deodorant to circulate constantly in your pouch, making it the only ostomy odor elimination product of its kind on the market today.
As we all know, ostomy odor is strong stuff, so we highly recommend you "re-charge" your Pod twice a day with our Be Free Liquid Deodorant:
- once in the morning before starting your day;
- again at night before going to bed.
Of course, you can apply liquid deodorant as often as you like for peace of mind.
How do you “re-charge” a Be Free Pod? Apply a couple of gentle squirts into your pouch, just as you would with any liquid deodorant, then you have three choices. You can:
- rely on the movement of your body throughout the day to circulate the deodorant throughout your pouch, or
- After you apply liquid deodorant, place your fingers on the outside of your pouch and squeeze the Be Free Pod a couple of times to facilitate the absorption of liquid deodorant.
- Do both. Whatever works best for you.
For your convenience, the Be Free Pods and Be Free Lubricating Odor Eliminator liquid can be purchased separately as well.
About our Be Free Lubricating Odor Eliminator
The Be Free™ Lubricating Odor Eliminator liquid is a safe and highly effective way to eliminate odors in your ostomy pouch. It can be used on its own or, for maximum odor protection, in combination with the Be Free Pod™.
- Highly effective in eliminating odors. Not a perfume or masking agent.
- Safe to use.
- Can be used with colostomy and ileostomy pouches. Works best for those with liquid to semi-liquid stool
- When used with the Be Free Pod, an 8 oz or 4 oz bottle will last much longer than when using a similar size bottle of liquid deodorant on its own. Why? Because you apply it only twice a day (although you can apply it more often if you choose).
- Lubricates pouch, resulting in sustained odor control, easier emptying, and a cleaner pouch. May extend wear time in some cases.
- For use with drainable or closed pouches.
- Apply each time a drainable pouch is emptied (if you are NOT using the Be Free Pod) or twice a day when using a Be Free Pod.
- Apply each time a closed pouch is changed.